Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This Ain't No Tumblr, 8/17: 1960s Animated Spider-Man, Nikola Tesla, The Big Lebowski, and More

Right now me and the husband are winding down from a long day at work, watching the 1960s Spider-Man cartoon on Netflix Instant. A decent cartoon, but I don't have to tell you how bizarre some of the art is in it:


I was going to show you some pics from me and my husband's Big Lebowski Adventure, but first for something completely different:


Why Nikola Tesla, you might ask? Well, when we were standing in line to get into yesterday's Big Lebowski reunion screening, we realized we were waiting right at the same spot as this plaque commemorating the famous inventor's death.

So, did Tesla die in the building in question? At that very spot?? I don't know, but considering my husband is a fan of Tesla (he makes an appearance in his webcomic High Moon, and inspired his issue of Deadlands), it was kinda weird!

The Lebowski Fest reunion of the original cast (to celebrate the release of the new Blu-ray) I attended really deserves a full post on its own, but here is a preview:



Awwwwww!!!!!!!

Aren't you excited for more?!



But instead, let's go with this new promo photo of the Always Sunny In Philadelphia cast for now, including a somewhat larger Mac:




It sort of really freaks me out that actor Rob McElhenney gained so much weight for his show. Yeah, he said that if Christian Bale can do it, he can do it...but come on, Bale is almost superhuman. A comparison of McElhenney before and after:



I'm currently reading: Parasyte Vol. 3 by Hitoshi Iwaaki


It's crazy how fast I devour these volumes. It's like I actually feel guilty reading these, they go by so fast and I enjoy them so much. What is it like to enjoy a comic so much it feels like you must be committing a sin?

Well, that's it for now -- I bid you a Depardadieu:


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment