Monday, November 14, 2011
5 Things I've Learned From Armond White's Review of "Jack and Jill"
1. I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry is considered one of Adam Sandler's best comedies.
2. Sandler's particular brand of comedy goes back to the Greeks.
3. When Sandler is in drag, he "looks like young women you see on the subway."
4. Sandler's comedy in movies like Jack and Jill "has social and political effect."
5. Sandler's portrayal of a woman in Jack and Jill is "subtle feminine caricature" -- whereas Tyler Perry's Madea "is a clownish grotesque."
Okay. Got it.
Here's White's review: "Plumbing Ethnicity: Sandler’s Jack, Jill and Tyler Perry"
Posted by Verge at 1:57 PM